No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of theLord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
This chapter describes the inheritance that we now get to enjoy as followers of Christ. It is the glory that Christ attained after suffering on our behalf to redeem us, the glory He had with the Father before He walked among men. It is the promise of an everlasting victory that will never be undone. These are the blessings that are promised to us:
- We have protection from every weapon raised against us.
- We can retaliate against any accusation against us. Who is that condemns us? (Is. 50:8)
- Our children will be taught of the Lord and know great peace.
- We will be established in righteousness.
- We will be free from oppression and without fear.
- We will be free from terror because it will not come near us.
- Our righteousness will be of God.
We have the promise of God as our guarantee that we can enjoy these blessings which was fulfilled when Jesus rose again in victory of sin and death. We do not have to worry about losing these things because no one will be able to separate us from the Lord.